Not sure what to do with those overly rip bananas? Sure, you can freeze them and make smoothies, but what fun is that? Definitely don’t throw them away. Make these double chocolate blender muffins, and you will never toss those old bananas again. These are so fudgey and delicious, they should be classified as more of a brownie than a muffin.
Why you will love these healthy chocolate muffins:
- They are so fudgy, you will think they are made with butter and tons of chocolate. When in fact, they are sweetened with only bananas and a little maple syrup, and the fudge texture comes from the peanut butter!
- These are made with high quality, no sugar alcohol chocolate! Be sure to check out Hu-Kitchen products. They are so good and you feel so much better after eating their chocolate than the ones packed with refined sugar.
- You can eat these for breakfast! What’s better than that?
Made with better-for-you ingredients, you can actually eat these double chocolate blender muffins for breakfast! Besides the bananas, there is nut butter in these. I used peanut butter, but you can certainly use any kind of nut butter that you prefer. On top of that, there is chocolate… a lot of chocolate. Using organic cocoa powder as well as dark chocolate chips without any processed sugar or dairy, makes these so much healthier. I used Hu Kitchen chocolate, as it’s my favorite. I highly suggest you try it!
Other recipes you will love:
Double Chocolate Blender Muffins
- 1 Muffin pan
- 12 Cupcake liners Optional
- 1 blender
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Ice Cream Scoop
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter or nut butter of choice
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa powder
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate chips more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.To a blender, add bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, and blend until smooth. You may have to stop the blender and give it a stir a few times, as this batter is thick. Once the batter is smooth and ingredients are fully combined, pour the batter into a bowl. It’s easier to scoop that way. Mix in chocolate chips with spoon or spatula. Place cup cake liners into muffin tin. This is totally optional. You can definitely just scoop the batter into a greased muffin tin. With your ice cream scoop, scoop batter evenly into your muffin tin. This recipe will make 12 muffins. Top each muffin with a few more chocolate chips.Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven). Check the muffins with a toothpick at 15 minutes. If the toothpick comes out clean, or mostly clean, the muffins are done. Let them cool completely before removing them from muffin tin.