I’ve been seeing this raw carrot salad online recently and I just had to try it. Carrots are something I usually have on hand for the kids, but not generally for me. The ribbons of carrots are not only pretty, but they are so refreshing, and this salad pair perfectly with a nice piece of protein. The fiber from the carrots make this a surprisingly filling salad. If we’re curious about this raw carrot salad, give it a try. It’s a winner.
Why you’ll love this recipe for raw carrot salad
- It’s a simple recipe that can be made in minutes.
- Raw carrot salad is said to balance your hormones! What’s better than that?
- This salad, paired with a protein like salmon or chicken, makes a filling and refreshing meal.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
- A vegetable peeler
- A jar with a lid
- Measuring spoons
Ingredients & substitutions
- Carrots – peel and use that same vegetable peeler to made the carrots into ribbons.
- Olive oil – high quality if you have it.
- Apple cider vinegar – You can use any vinegar but this is more mild and lends itself nicely to this light dressing.
- Honey – I prefer raw honey.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to make this keyword
Step 1. Wash and peel your carrots. With your vegetable peeler, cut the carrots into ribbons and place in a bowl.
Step 2. Make the dressing. To a jar, add the vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Cover and shake until it’s well mixed.
Step 3. Pour the dressing over the carrots and toss. Garnish with parsley.
FAQs about health benefits of raw carrots
First, all those antioxidants are also good for your heart. Second, the potassium in carrots can help keep your blood pressure in check. And third, they have fiber, which can help you stay at a healthy weight and lower your chances of heart disease.
As per various health sites, eating too many carrots for a prolonged period can discolour your skin and give it an orange shade due to the beta carotene present in it. Ideally, you should not consume more than 1 or 2 carrots in a day.
Carrots are very beneficial for your brain function. Carrots have a very high concentration of a compound called luteolin. Studies have shown that luteolin can inhibit brain microglia activity during aging.
More salad recipes:
More healthy recipes:
Raw Carrot Salad
- 1 vegetable peeler
- 1 Small jar with lid
- Measuring Spoons
- 4 carrots Ribboned
- 2 Tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with parsley
- Wash and peel carrots. Ribbon them with your vegetable peeler and put in a bowl.To a jar, add your vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper and shake until mixed well.Pour dressing over salad and enjoy!