Cottage cheese is really having a moment these days and I’m totally here for it. It can be blended into so many amazing things, and in this case, it’s blended into a healthy cheesecake. There is nothing better than eating a decadent dessert without the guilt. Give this healthy cheesecake a try!
To your food processor, add your graham crackers, (or teddy grahams if you are like me and have children’s snacks all over the house), pitted dates and maple syrup and blend until it can be molded into your cupcake tins. Press the mixture into the tins and set aside.
Add the cottage cheese, eggs, arrowroot, vanilla, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and lime juice for the cheesecake to your blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture on top of the graham cracker mixture into the muffin tins. Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set. Let cool completely, and enjoy your healthy cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and your favorite fruit garnish. I used a lime!
You could also drizzle this with my strawberry chia jam. It’s a super easy recipe, adds awesome health benefits with the chia seeds, and it will make this recipe even more delicious.
- 1 blender
- Measuring Cups
- 2 cup cake tins Makes 24 cup cakes total
- 1 food processor
- 1 Knife
- 1.5 Cups teddy grahams or graham crackers crushed in food processor
- 7 dates pitted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 16 Oz cottage cheese I used 1%
- 1 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot cornstarch or tapioca flour will work as well.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.To your food processor, add your pitted dates and your teddy grams or graham crackers, and a tablespoon of maple syrup. Process until well combined, and until the mixture can be molded.Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray. To each space, add a heaping spoonful of the cracker mixture, and press down, molding it to the muffin tin. Set aside.To your blender, add all ingredients for your cheese cake and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into each muffin tin. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the cheesecake mixture is set. Let cool completely, and serve with whipped cream and a lime garnish.