I love having shrimp on hand for a quick meal option during the week. My air fryer makes this option even easier. These garlicky Parmesan shrimp come together in less than 20 minutes, and the whole family will love them. The next time you are at the grocery store, throw a bag of frozen shrimp in your cart, because you will definitely want to try these air fryer garlic Parmesan shrimp.
Start by thawing your shrimp in cool water. I like to buy the raw, peeled and deveined shrimp, but you can also use pre-cooked shrimp. Keep replacing the water so ice doesn’t build up. It’s important not to use hot water, as the hot water will cook the shrimp. Once the shrimp are thawed, pat them dry with a paper towel.
Place the shrimp in a bowl and add your Parmesan, pepper, salt olive oil, minced garlic and Parmesan cheese. Stir until the shrimp are well combined. Side note, if you don’t have fresh garlic, you can also use garlic powder, but I think fresh garlic gives these shrimp the best flavor.
Set your air fryer to 360 degrees. Lay the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer. You might have to cook them in more than one batch, depending on the size of your air fryer. Cook them for 4 minutes, then turn them over, then cook for another 4 minutes.
Garnish with scallions if you have them. You can serve these as an appetizer, main or even just a snack.
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 cheese grater or microplaner
- 1 Garlic Press
- 12 Oz frozen shrimp, thawed, shelled.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.Pat your thawed shrimp dry on a paper towel.To a bowl, add your shrimp, minced garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese and stir until the shrimp are coated.Add the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook for 4 minutes, turn and cook for 4 minutes more. Serve on a salad, with your favorite sides or just as an appetizer.