If you haven’t tried the viral feta fried egg, now is the time. This is so easy to make and so delicious for such a simple recipe. It takes only minutes, and it’s an awesome, flavorful breakfast. Who am I kidding, I would eat this for any meal! Grab those tortillas, that ripe avocado and those farm fresh eggs and start frying up your own feta fried egg taco.
Why you’ll love this viral fried egg recipe
- It’s such a quick recipe, great for those busy mornings.
- The crispy edges of that feta cheese will bring you to your knees it’s so delicious.
- The runny yolk of the fried egg makes a delicious sauce!
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
- Frying pan – I prefer hexclad. Make the investment, they are the best!
- Gas burner – you can also toast your tortilla in a pan, or don’t! This recipe is delicious even without the toasted tortilla.
- Knife to cut your avocado.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Egg – Do yourself a favor and find someone who has farm fresh eggs. They are so much better than store bought.
- Flour Tortilla – I prefer to toast it over an open flame of my gas stove.
- Avocado – One half, smashed or sliced on your tortilla.
- Crumbled Feta – You can buy it in a block and crumble yourself or buy pre crumbled. I feel that the block has better flavor.
How to make this Feta Fried Egg
Toast your tortilla over an open flame, turning frequently being mindful it doesn’t burn.
In a pan, sprinkle your feta in a circle, making a hole in the center for the egg. Crack the egg in the center and cook over low/ medium heat. Cook until the feta is crispy and your egg is fried. You want the yolk to be runny but the white to be completely cooked.
Mash half an avocado on your tortilla and top with your fried egg. Fold in half like a taco and enjoy!
FAQs about keyword
Let the eggs cook until white is set and the corners begin to curl ever so slightly, about 3 – 4 minutes depending on your heat source. No need to fuss with them either, they’ll turn out better if they’re left alone. For sunny side up eggs, simply slide the eggs onto a plate and season again if desired.
White should be shiny, uniformly set, and tender, not browned, blistered, or crisp at edges. Yolk should be unbroken (unless requested by customer) and set properly according to desired doneness. Sunny-side-up yolks should be yellow and well rounded.
Just like eggs cooked in other ways, fried eggs are rich in nutrients and can contribute towards a healthy diet when eaten as part of a balanced meal. However, the type of fat used in the pan is important.
More viral recipes:
More easy breakfast recipes
Feta Fried Egg
- 1 Frying Pan
- gas stove For toasting the tortilla, but you can also do this in a pan.
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Knife
- 1 tortilla toasted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 avocado mashed or sliced
- Toast your tortilla over an open flame on your gas stove or in a pan. Sprinkle your crumbled feta in a circle in your pan over low heat. Crack on egg in the center, and let cook until the egg is done and the feta is crispy. Mash the avocado on the tortilla. Top the tortilla and avocado with your crispy fried feta egg. Eat like a taco.