I love smoked salmon, but sometimes I run out of ways to enjoy it. I know which flavors go well with smoked salmon, so I just started tossing those together and this dairy free smoked salmon spread was born. Using mayonnaise instead of cream cheese makes it dairy free, with all the goodness of a lox bagel. This is a great way to incorporate wild caught salmon into your diet. You will want to eat the whole batch. If you are looking for a great way to enjoy smoked salmon, look no further that this fantastic salmon spread recipe.
Start by dicing your salmon, cucumbers and red onion. To a bowl, add your salmon, cucumber, red onion, dill, capers, mayonnaise, a squeeze of lemon, and sliced jalapeños (if you like a kick). Give a healthy shake of everything but the bagel seasoning and combine well.
Garnish your dairy free smoked salmon spread with jalapeño, everything but the bagel seasoning and more dill. Serve with your favorite crackers, or try making my crostini recipe!
You could also serve this on a salad, bagel or whatever your favorite vessel is. Make it even more spicy by adding the whole jalapeño into the spread itself.
Dairy Free Smoked Salmon Spread
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting board
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 8 Oz wild caught smoked deli salmon
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 Small cucumbers diced – I used Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 jalapeño sliced for garnish
- everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dill and some extra for garnish
- Roughly chop salmon. Dice cucumbers and red onion. To a bowl, add salmon, mayonnaise, red onion, cucumbers, capers, everything but the bagel seasoning, dill and lemon juice and fold together. Garnish with jalapeño, more everything but the bagel seasoning and dill. For a little extra kick, add more jalapeño to the mixture. Serve with crackers, toasts or enjoy on a salad.