Remember that delicious salad recipe I posted a week ago? If not, you can find it here. Here is another version of that same great recipe, but this time in wrap form. This on the go chicken Caesar wrap is an excellent way to eat that delicious salad using one hand. The biggest difference is that there aren’t any croutons in this recipe. Instead, we use panko and Parmesan cheese, making a crispy, salty bite. The chicken can be made ahead of time, making easy meal prep. If you love wraps, give this chicken Caesar wrap a try.
Start by getting out your slow cooker. You can toss your chicken breasts in the slow cooker before you head to work in the morning, and they will be done by the time you get home. You will need two chicken breasts, some ranch powder and some salted butter. Let it cook, and shred it when it’s done.
Next, make your panko and parm mixture. Add equal parts panko and grated Parmesan to a low/medium heated pan, stirring constantly, until they are golden brown. This will act as your croutons.
Chop your romaine, and add your toasted panko and your dressing to the chopped romaine and toss together.
Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Frying Pan
- slow cooker
- 2 forks
- 2 chicken breasts about 2 lbs
- 4 burrito sized tortillas
- 1 romaine heart
- 1/2 Cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp ranch powder
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- Caesar dressing see recipe
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker, along with ranch powder and butter. Let cook on high for about 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours. Once it is cooked completely, shred it with two forks.Warm tortillas in microwave for about 10 seconds until pliable.Chop romaine lettuce.Add your Parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs to a frying pan. Over low/medium heat, toast the bread crumbs with the parmesan, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn. When they are golden brown, it’s done.To a bowl, add your romaine, panko mixture and Caesar dressing (see recipe). Toss together. Add a layer of lettuce to your wrap, and top with about 1/2 cup of chicken. Roll your wrap up and serve immediately, or you can wrap them in tin foil to take them for lunch. More dressing for serving if needed.