I used to think there was nothing better than a big, hearty chopped salad…. Until I put that chopped salad into a grilled hoagie roll. This chicken bacon ranch sandwich is a great way to clean out your fridge and put together a menu that the whole family will love. It’s chocked full of crisp vegetables, lean chicken and a tangy ranch dressing. It will feed a crowd and is budget friendly. If you love grilled sandwiches, give this chicken bacon ranch recipe a try.
Why you’ll love this toasted sandwich recipe
- It’s super easy to make.
- It will feed the whole family.
- If you plan your weekly meals right, this can be made with leftovers from earlier in the week!
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
Toaster or frying pan
Ingredients & substitutions
- Hoagie rolls
- Head of romaine
- Large tomato
- Chicken breasts or thighs
- Shredded mozzarella
How to make this chicken bacon ranch sandwich
Start by making your chopped salad. I chose to use leftover chicken thighs, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, bacon, mozzarella and ranch dressing, because that’s what I had leftover. The beauty of this sandwich is that you can get creative with it! Use whatever veggies you have left from the week. Chop all ingredients and add them to a bowl. Toss your salad with homemade ranch dressing, or dressing of your choice.
Butter the inside of your hoagie roll. Toast it, either in a toaster, oven on broil, or face down in a frying pan.
Pile that hoagie roll high with your chopped salad and drizzle with more ranch dressing.
FAQs about chopped salads
A well-made chopped salad presents you with a harmonious, balanced combination of sweet, salty, sour, and bitter flavors every time.
At its most fundamental, a chopped salad is one in which the ingredients are cut down to a uniform size and tossed, either in the kitchen or at the table, so that every bite delivers all the flavors of the salad at once.
More last minute dinner ideas:
Meal prepping recipes:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 toaster or frying pan
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs I slow cooked ahead of time.
- 6 Slices bacon
- 1 Large tomato chopped
- 1/2 Cup ranch dressing I made ahead of time
- 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 hoagie rolls
- butter for toasting bread
- Butter and toast your hoagie roll. Set aside.To a bowl, add your chopped lettuce, tomato, bacon, chicken, mozzarella and ranch and mix together until well combined.Pile that toasted roll high with your chopped salad.Enjoy!