I love a good salad, and the key to a good salad is being creative and adding lots of stuff. You can make a salad out of anything! I was craving a BLT, so I decided to make this crispy and salty BLT salad.
You only need a few pieces of bacon for this salad, so I like to make this when I have leftover bacon from a weekend breakfast. Fresh veggies and a mayo based dressing make you feel like you are biting into a BLT. Homemade croutons are a game changer for any salad. Find the recipe for homemade air fryer croutons here.
Chop your romaine and place on a platter. Top the romaine with chopped bacon, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, red onion, avocado and homemade croutons. Now it’s time to make your dressing.
Roast your garlic. Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Chop the top off of your garlic head, exposing the cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and salt, and wrap in tin foil. Put in the oven and bake until it’s soft. About 25-30 minutes.
Let your garlic cool, and squeeze the soft garlic out of the peel. Mash it with a fork, and add it to your mayo. Add about a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, lots of pepper and a pinch of salt. Add water if you would like your dressing to have a thinner consistency.
Drizzle your salad with the dressing and serve!
This recipe is meant to serve a crowd. You can easily cut the recipe in half for a smaller group. This is a wonderful, hearty salad that you can make for meal prep for the week as well, just dress it as you eat it!
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Serving platter
- 3 Romaine hearts chopped
- 1 Cup Grape tomatoes halved
- 1 Cup Grated cheddar
- 5 Strips Bacon chopped
- 1 Avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/4 Red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 Loaf Stale bread I use Italian bread, but any bread will do.
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Seasoned salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Lots of pepper
- Salt to taste
- water to thin out
- Chop all ingredients and serve on a platter.Chop bread into chunks and toss in a zip top bag with all seasonings and olive oil. Toss together until bread chunks are fully coated. Air fry for 7-8 minutes until crispy.Dressing: Mix mayo, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper together. Add water for a thinner texture. Drizzle over salad.