This viral smash taco craze looks like so much fun, so I wanted to put my own twist on it. These Big Mac Smash tacos are a fun take on the standard smash taco recipe. Let’s be honest, an amazing sauce makes the burger, and Mac sauce is one of the best burger sauces that there is. Put these Big Mac tacos on your dinner menu this week.
Start by making your burger sauce. You can find that recipe here. Make the best burger sauce and set it aside.
Divide your hamburger into 4 balls. Smash each ball onto a tortilla. Press it thinly, so it reaches the edges and will easily cook through.
Turn your griddle or frying pan on to medium-high heat. Melt about 1 tsp of butter on the pan. Once the butter is melted, please the tortilla, meat side down, on the buttered pan and let cook for about 3 minutes. Then flip the tortilla over to let the bottom crisp up. Once you’ve flipped it, add a slice of cheese to the burger side. Cook for about 2 minutes more, or until the tortilla is crispy. You can place a glass bowl or cover over the cheese so it melts faster.
Once the tortilla is crispy and the cheese is melted, remove from the pan. Spread the burger sauce on the meat side, then top with chopped pickles and shredded lettuce. Fold in half and enjoy your Big Mac taco!
Big Mac Tacos
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Knife
- 1 Lbs grass fed ground beef
- 4 Slices American cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 dill pickles chopped
- 1/4 Head romaine lettuce shredded
- Best Burger Sauce see recipe
- butter for cooking
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Divide your ground beef into 4 balls.Smash the beef onto a flour tortilla. Do this with all of your tortillas.Heat your griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Place each tortilla meat-side-down onto the griddle or frying pan. Cook for about 3 minutes until the beef is cooked. Flip over on the tortilla side, so the tortilla gets crispy, another minute or two. While the tortilla crisps, place a cheese slice on the meat side. Cover with a glass bowl or cover so the cheese melts. Remove from heat and top with burger sauce, chopped pickles and shredded lettuce. Fold like a taco and enjoy!