These beans with tomato sauce is a delicious play on that TikTok pasta that you’ve probably already tried. Baked feta, sweet roasted tomatoes and butter beans make this dish even more filling than the original recipe. If you love beans and try to steer away from refined carbs like pasta, give these beans with tomato sauce a try!
Why you’ll love this play on TikTok pasta
- The butter beans have a ton of dietary fiber! Way more than simple white pasta.
- It’s creamy, and can be eaten on a crostini or just as a meal!
- It’s a great way to use those sweet, summer tomatoes.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
To make these beans with tomato sauce, all you will need is an oven safe dish!
Ingredients & substitutions
- Butter Beans – Just one can will do. Butter beans are a large, white bean.
- Garlic clove – The more garlic, the better! Roasted garlic is so delicious, no matter how much you use, you will with you used more.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes – Fresh tomatoes either from the store, or if you have a home garden, this is a great way to use all those tomatoes.
- Feta – You can use the crumbles, but the block works better. I also believe the flavor is better.
- Basil – Fresh is best, but you can also use dried.
- Spices – I used just salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
How to make this baked feta dip
In your oven safe dish, add tomatoes, cloves or garlic, spices and basil. In the middle, place your block of feta. Drizzle with olive oil, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the feta is slightly browned.
Remove the pan from the over and stir all of the items together, creating a sauce. Add your can of drained butter beans and stir again. Garnish with more basil.
Enjoy this dish on it’s own, or eat it as a dip and serve with homemade crostini, or Italian bread.
FAQs about butter beans
Butter beans are rich in vitamins and minerals, which are important for overall health. A source of potassium, magnesium, folate, iron, and zinc, they also contain calcium and protein. Both plant-based foodies and meat-lovers can really benefit from adding butter beans to their diet.
Butter Beans are a fantastically healthy ingredient – they’re high in protein and fiber, and they’re an excellent source of carbohydrates. Low in fat and calories but high in folate, starch and iron, they’re one of the best store cupboard ingredients there is.
These slightly curved legumes are buttery in flavor and have a creamy texture when cooked, which may account for the “butter” nickname (that, and the beige color they take on when mature).
More gluten free potluck ideas:
More easy recipe ideas:
Beans with Tomato Sauce
- 1 glass oven safe dish
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Pint grape tomatoes
- 1 Block feta
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- 6 Cloves garlic the more garlic the better in my opinion
- 1 Tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 1 Can butter beans drained
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.To a pan, add tomatoes, feta, spices and basil. Drizzle generously with olive oil and toss. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are tender and the feta is melty.Remove from oven and stir together. The feta will create a sauce. Add in your white beans and stir. Garnish with more basil and enjoy!