Here is another great recipe for either a meal, or a shareable for a crowd! This is another excellent appetizer for game day! Baked chipotle chicken tacos are a great handheld, with just enough spice. All of the ingredients can be found ready made and tossed together, so the only cooking involved is baking the tacos. Top with all the fresh ingredients and pair with dipping sauces, and you’ve got yourself a great idea for a party board.
Prepare all of your ingredients so they are easy to toss together. While your tacos bake, you can make your own pico de gallo, guacamole, salsa, etc. You can always just buy premade at the store as well.
I used a store bought rotisserie chicken and picked the meat off the bones. This yields about 2 pounds of meat, so just freeze half of the meat, as you will only need 1 pound for this recipe. Pull the chicken apart, and mix it with shredded cheese, chipotle sauce and cilantro. I used Bitchin’ Sauce, but you can also make your own.
Now it’s time to fill the shells. Microwave 10 corn tortilla shells for about 30 seconds to a minute, so the shells are pliable. If you skip this step, the shells will crack when you fold them over. Brush both sides of the shells with olive oil, or your preferred oil. Spread the filling on one side of the shell. You can also add more cheese if you would like. Fold the other half over and press firmly so the top sticks to the filling. Repeat for all shells.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, then flip the tacos, and bake for another 15 minutes. Just make sure the shells are nice and crunchy. Enjoy your baked chipotle chicken tacos with your favorite toppings.
Baked Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Basting brush
- Parchment paper
- 1 Lb Chicken I used a rotisserie chicken and picked the meat off the bones.
- 1/2 Lb Cheddar Grated. I grated my own but you can also buy the pre shredded cheese from the bag.
- 8 Oz Container of Chipotle Bitchin’ Sauce
- 10 Corn tortillas Can also use flour if preferred.
- 4 Tbsp Chopped cilantro More for garnish.
- Pico de gallo Can make your own or purchase from the store.
- 1 Head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 Avocado or store-bought guacamole.
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Pick the meat off of the rotisserie chicken. This yields about 2 lbs of meat, and you will only need 1 lb. Save the rest for another time, or you can double the recipe. To a bowl, add your chicken, shredded cheese, Bitchin’ Sauce and chopped cilantro. Mix together to make your filling. Warm your corn tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute, so they are pliable. Brush both sides of the tortilla generously with olive oil and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Scoop your chicken filling onto one half of the tortilla, and fold it over creating your taco. Do this with all 10 tortillas. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake for 15 minutes more, until the taco is crispy (ovens may vary).Garnish with your fresh ingredients! This can be plated up as a fun meal for kids or a great appetizer option!