I love my air fryer for making quick and easy meals. This air fryer pesto salmon recipe is such a great way to make a nice piece of protein to go on a salad or with your favorite sides. In only 15 minutes, this recipe comes together and tastes like to it took you hours to prepare. If you love salmon as much as I do, put this air fryer pesto salmon in your weekly meal rotation, or your lunch meal prep menu. You will want to eat it every day!
Why you’ll love this salmon recipe
- It’s so delicious, with minimal ingredients. Just salmon, pesto and mayo!
- It can be meal prepped and easily eaten with your favorite salad! I love eating this salmon on a nice greens simple salad for my lunch while I’m working on the road.
- 6 minutes to cook in an air fryer. Enough said.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
- Air Fryer – If you don’t have one yet, get one. I know it’s another gadget to have on your counter or in your pantry, but it makes it so easy to make food quickly.
- Measuring cups and spoons
Ingredients & substitutions
- Salmon – I prefer wild salmon, but you can also use farm raised.
- Mayonnaise – I use Hellman’s olive oil mayo.
- Basil Pesto – I prefer Buitoni, which can be found in the cooler section of your local grocery store.
How to make this easy salmon recipe
Remove the skin from your salmon before preheating your air fryer to 375 degrees.
Next, add your mayonnaise and pesto to an bowl and mix well. Slather each piece of salmon with the mayo mixture.
Lastly, air fry your salmon for about 6 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite salad or sides! I prefer to make this salmon and add to to my salad for lunch. It’s so good!
FAQs about wild salmon
Wild salmon is low in contaminants — a clean source of protein that you can feel good about eating. Farmed salmon could often be highly contaminated with toxins that are harmful to human health. Wild salmon are naturally a vibrant shade of pink or red because of their diet of wild crustaceans and zooplankton.
Wild salmon is the safest option for those who are worried about ingesting animal drugs and the other health concerns that come with eating fish that have been raised on antibiotics. Truly a natural and unadulterated protein, wild salmon is a great addition to any diet.
Salad recipes to pair with your salmon:
More dairy free keyword:
Air Fryer Pesto Salmon
- 1 Air Fryer Can also use your oven on convection setting
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Spoon
- 8 Oz Salmon cut into 2, 4 oz pieces
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp basil pesto
- Preheat the air fryer auto 375 degrees.To a small bowl, mix the mayo and basil pesto.Remove the skin from your salmon. Spread a thick layer of the pesto mixture on to each piece of salmon. Place in air fryer for 6-7 minutes.Enjoy with your favorite sides.